Saturday, May 5, 2012

Catharsis to the most prized Possession!


The immediate urge of acceptance has lead me to sudden pessimism; and to that extent that I fail to look at myself in the mirror; to look with sheer confidence in the eye and the fear of self-doubt about my own conscience. Writing has always been the only way I tend to share how I feel; my words convey my emotions and the only way I can express. It’s the closest thing to me because there is nothing else that defines me.

The initial stage when you start writing is during those juvenile days in school; when you pen down those silly incidents in your diary or when you step into your adolescent period when and are pretty confused how everything is changing at a pace you can’t match. However; writing is an enhanced form of ‘Catharsis’ in literature, meaning the vent out of emotions. You can write when you want to cry out so loud but you’re afraid to show your weakness; you write when you’re happy or sad; you write in your low or high spirits and the most beautiful thing about writing is besides sharing it with your diary or laptop, it still stays with You.

For me; it was those memories I was making during school days that I wished to pen down forever; the silly fights and the unforgettable days with my best friend; the times I broke down in tears when I lost something, that then mattered the most to me and the uneasiness I felt inside that I couldn’t share. Now or Then, my love for writing shall remain eternal. Certainly the times have changed, the reason I write has changed and so have the writing patterns. But it shall forever be the most precious thing I own. It wasn’t in my blood or the people I aspire from and I never read too many books to write, it just came from within.

Whenever I pause for moment thinking about my career, my future and the life I wish to live- It has been about dreams to fulfil. I wished for luxuries, success, fame and money like everyone else; but my priorities have changed. More than a successful life, I wish to live a happy life. To proclaim happiness through the mere feeling of satisfaction; by simply making my passion- The sole source of everything I want to achieve. I shall choose to walk through the path everyone rejects because of the conventional method they have been following for years. 

I never said money doesn’t matter; you need it to survive in this world. But running behind the sheer pleasure of earning so much, don’t forget that It’s the little things that give you inner happiness. That kitli ki chai in the first monsoon shower is always better than that of some five-star hotel. It doesn’t take much for at least giving it a try and to do something different; especially when you have it from within. We do make mistakes, fall more often and fail to accept criticism positively; but it shall only make Us better than who we are. I do get a crazy thought to stop writing, divert myself and attain as many degrees, but then it’s just a mood swing. One just needs a break and then start with a new spirit. And for all those who love writing like me, please never stop. We are among those few who let laymen empathize and connect the reader through what we write. We hold the Pen- Our mighty weapon and someday, We shall create a revolution! Keep writing.

1 comment:

  1. The lines touched me are

    "most beautiful thing about writing is besides sharing it with your diary or laptop, it still stays with You."
    " I shall choose to walk through the path everyone rejects because of the conventional method they have been following for years."
    One just needs a break and then start with a new spirit.

    and yes Kitli ki Chai :)

    ReplyDelete