Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mommy, I love You!

We have become acquainted by the recent trend of celebrating days based on various relations, therefore; today being the International Mother’s Day… I have got something to say. A feeling every daughter has and the strongest bond every child shares, though my story is slightly different. She is miles away right now, and I don’t even know whether she’ll read it. But this is the smallest thing I could do, to convey my love for you. Thank you for this day Ma. You gave me life, what more could I ask!

I might not have been the best daughter my mother could have,
But certainly my mom has loved me for who I am.

She never said she wasn’t happy,
Every time she wanted me to get better.

She has been the first one to criticize me,
Only reason being because she knows my weakness.

A little stingy in humble praise,
Like she knew I wished to make it to the stars.

A savior I came across and
An Angel who taught me to look up against all odds.

She made me savor every bit of my childhood
Those are just memories I miss now.

The times I cried, the times I smiled,
She’s always there to hug me tight.

Cautious she supervises, cares and carves me,
Like a sculptor carving a sculpture in a stone.

A role-model and perfectionist in herself,
She always inspired me to be like her

But I was just born as her replica,
Never could I even be close like her

I know we have had our bad days,
We fight we argue and I know I have been bad too;

But through the end of life there’s just you
To love me endlessly when I come back to you.

Because You gave me the beautiful gift of life
And in no birth could I have anything to repay You.

2 comments: