Sunday, January 4, 2015

Day 1: A New Found Love

Technically, it's the fourth day of this year and some of us have already sipped the mundaneness of routine. Don't we all love the 'Christmas to New Year' Eve' phase? Good food, dressing up and dancing away for the endeared gatherings, lit up with bright lights and beautiful smiles. Ah, the holiday season has just ended and we all couldn't have been more excited about the new year.

It's beautiful how the start of new year is so inspiring for most of us. For all the resolutions we couldn't keep or the goals almost accomplished; a new awakening to trigger that enthusiasm and bracing ourselves to try again. Better grades, lesser weight, finding love or saying goodbye to alcohol; we have our share of happy resolutions. We all seek happiness in these momentary dreams fancies.

For a change, I didn't make any new resolution with rigidity because I don't know; either it's the word that's jinxed or my resolutions are too farfetched. In fact, I made a decision to be happy each day, no matter what (Despite knowing what a big cliché it is!) And I wanted to involve myself in another great passion. My love for food and undefeatable appetite has amazed people but recently I've been going to the kitchen more too often, to create those wonderful finger licking delicacies!

So yes, my new found love is for the art of cooking. I've been cooking a new dish every day, with mom's help and YouTube tutorials. Wholeheartedly. And it gives me immense happiness to cook good food because good food is the shortcut to happiness. You should try it sometime! Cooking while listening to soothing music can be a therapy and the compliments after that perfect dish you made? Bliss indeed!

Also, I knew I hadn't updated my blog for long and that's when the new resolution spirit hit me! I've decided to take up this really cool challenge of writing for 31 days. At least 500 words and I'll weave a new story or different perspective or maybe a mutual feeling that both of us share and you could relate.

So goodbye writer's block and Challenge: Accepted!

Keep reading for more stories.

1 comment: