Saturday, August 16, 2014

Till the dark clouds of confusion roll by

There’s a new chapter to a book, a new story to your life. We all have our story which comes with all the twist and turns. With a new chapter, we meet new characters. With every phase that we enter and every new person we meet, it changes us. Our life is just another beautiful book which is waiting in the chaos to be picked by someone.

With the end of school and college, I was done with two major phases of life. I was writing my own story and I had the choice to decide to take up a job or get myself enrolled in college. But which course? Well there I was, with confusion. Forget plans, I didn’t even have a ‘pla’. I chose to go with the flow. Shuffling between a few interviews, I did end up at a job. I entered the world of advertising to be a part of the churning which goes in executing an advertisement.

The first job doesn’t just change you, it’s a slow evolution. Working for nine hours would seem like a nightmare and suddenly expensive fancies might seem more distant. If colleagues aren’t your favourite, you might as well miss those long lost ‘Rishtedaars’ more than the people around you. The going might get tough and the cribbing shall take over you but you’ll learn to survive. You’ll learn to be more mature and value money. And most importantly, you’ll learn to deal with people. Politely.

But, there’s always a ‘but’ in the picture. Most people don’t have everything figured out. You could be among them. I am among them. We tend to go with the flow and we assume that like the rest, we’ll have a perfect plan and everything shall go according to that. We wish that could happen but then we wouldn’t understand life. Suddenly, there wouldn’t be the need of success or failure and life would turn from a roller coaster ride to a never ending road trip without a beautiful view. Wouldn’t that be boring?

We all go through the melancholy once in a while but we need the confusion to get things clear. Those little bumps we come across on our way teach us more than the smooth roads. I’ve been going through that phase, the confusion and the ‘no pla’ phase but we’ll figure it out. The storm shall pass and we’ll learn to dance in the rain. But don’t give up on your dream because that shows you’re weak. And you know you aren’t!

For now, I’ve learnt to wake up with a purpose. I might have had a bad day today but every morning is a new story and every stranger I shall meet could be a new character. Our aspirations are our biggest inspiration. The drama is a part of the story. And if something comes to an end, it might as well be a new beginning.

I read this quote and we all need to read this. That’s our purpose and maybe that shall help you see the sun shining through the dark clouds.

We are at our very best, and we are happiest, when we are fully engaged in work we enjoy on the journey toward the goal we've established for ourselves. It gives meaning to our time off and comfort to our sleep. It makes everything else in life so wonderful, so worthwhile.


Earl Nightingale


4 comments:

  1. it truely describes us!! Love ur writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to read this.. Thanks Priu :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its nothing short of a wonder how analogous my life seems to this scintillating piece..;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the very practically clicking blogs from you.! Its unique to you, but generalised in a very broader perspective. The third last paragraph especially has been wonderfully put together. Genuinely appreciate it! Encourage me to write more often as well ! Maybe not as good as you, but at least a bit regular! :) Keep it on!

    ReplyDelete